04 Nov Calling All Filmmakers: Submission Guidelines to the Festival
Singkuwento International Film Festival, Manila, Philippines (SIFFMP) is now opening its call for entries for 2016. The objective of the festival is to give voices to Filipinos both here and abroad, as well as to provide a channel for non-Filipinos to share their impressions of the Philippines and its people.
The following are the festival’s guidelines:
- There is no age restriction to entrants. The competition is open to students, amateurs, and professionals. Entrants under 18 years of age must provide parent(s)’ consent.
- At the moment, we are only accepting short films in competition. The must be completed not earlier than January 1, 2014. There is no premiere screening requirement and films may have distribution. However, films that are available online are not eligible.
- Starting this year, there will be a separate category for local and international films in both the fictional and documentary films. All films made locally will be under the local category. The board of judges will select a few Filipino entries for consideration to the international category with the consent of the filmmaker. Films entered in the international category can no longer compete in the local category.
- The maximum running time of short films is 30 minutes including opening and closing credits.
- Promotional films are not eligible (e.g. films promoting tourism, charitable appeals, etc.).
- We are accepting full length films (Filipino and foreign Films) for exhibition. Minimum running time is one hour. There is no maximum running time. They must be completed not earlier than January 1, 2013. There is no premiere screening requirement for films in exhibition.
- Submitted films both for competition and for exhibition may be in any language or dialect. All films submitted must be subtitled in English (unless, of course, the film is in English).
- A private online link of the film must be sent for pre-screening purposes via email to email@example.com, along with the completed entry form, the filmmaker’s CV, a .jpg file of the film’s poster, and three .jpg files of stills from the film, and a profile picture of the filmmaker also in jpg file for the . The film’s link must be downloadable. The evaluation copy may have watermark. However, if the film is selected, it must be replaced with a high resolution copy without watermark within 48 hours of notification. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. To download our registration form. Please visit Singkuwento International Film Festival Manila Philippines facebook Page.
- Deadline of submission for both films in competition and exhibition is before midnight, Manila Standard time, of December 13, 2015 Sunday.
- Selected entries will be notified by e-mail on or before December 23,2015
- Filmmakers may submit as many entries as they wish, provided that each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and required submission materials.
- By submitting the film, the filmmaker declares that he/she has the right to submit it and to allow the festival to screen it in its entirety and that any copyright violation in relation to the film will be the sole responsibility of the filmmaker and is releasing the festival from any legal obligation.
- The decision of the judges is final. All films selected for screening may not be withdrawn. Selected films MUST also agree to allow the films to be screened by the festival both locally and internationally.
The following are the available prizes for Local competition:
Best Local Short Fiction Film
Best Local Documentary Short Film
Best Cultural Film
Most Gender Sensitive Film
Two Honorable Mentions
Audience Choice Award
Best Actor (Local Category)
Best Actress (Local Category)
Best Supporting Actress (Local Category)
Best Supporting Actor (Local Category)
Best Director (Local Category)
Best Screenplay (Local Category)
Best Cinematography (Local Category)
Best Production Design (Local Category)
Best Make-Up and Hairstyle (Local Category)
Best Costume Design (Local Category)
Best Film Editing (Local Category)
Best Original Score (Local Category)
Best Original Song (Local Category)
Best Visual Effects (Local Category)
Best Sound Design (Local Category)
Available prizes for International competition
Best International Short Film
Best International Documentary Film
Two Honorable Mentions
Most Gender Sensitive FilmAudience
Jury Prize Award
Singkuwento International Film festival Manila Philippines (SIFFMP) will run from February 19 to 27,2016 at the Leandro Locsin Theater, Intramuros Manila. Tickets and Full Access Festival Pass will be available in Ticketworld. For Sponsorship: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.