23 Oct $31M for a Wedding?
JUAN SAYS: While most of us have been scrimping on our budgets and making ends meet by working our butts off in practically anything that we can get our hands on, here comes an actress from China who spent $31M for her wedding. We know, we know, this is really none of our business for the simple fact that it is NOT our money, but it makes us wonder, how can somebody amass that amount of money (well, unless her surname happens to start with the letter B and her father is running for the top post of the country then we wouldn’t even think twice how she can afford it)? Secondly, how can someone have the heart to spend that amount of money in one ceremony just because she can?
Some people just have different priorities, and to some, the pageantry of an event that showcases them, much less a wedding, is just the “be all” and, “and all” of their lives. She is after all, China’s answer to Kim Kardashian. She is apparently a famous actress that goes by the name of Angela Yeung who married a famous actor Huang Xiaoming. Famous? Pero hindi naming sila kilala. Kilala nyo? Pakilala nyo kami!
Harper’s Bazaar reported that this is where the $31M went:
- A pre-wedding photo shoot featuring the bride in custom Elie Saab gowns:
- A holographic castle.
- A ten-foot carousel cake that took about a month to make
- Price gift bags for guests which included cellphones (for 2,000 guests).
- Stain-glass window lights.
- A giant wall of flowers.
- A custom handmade Dior gown with 115 ft. of satin organza, 165 feet of tulle, a 10-foot train and approximately 100 handmade rose bouquets crafted out of Chantilly lace.
A $1.5 million wedding band from Parisian jeweler Chaumet with a five-carat pear-shaped diamond.
Wow. Just wow. Wishing that the money you have can buy you a golden ticket to heaven when you die, don’t you?