11 Feb Palengke in the House

PLACE ADVERTISEMENTS HERE

congresscover

JUAN SAYS: To quote a facebook post that is on point: “Today’s legislative inquiry at the House of Representatives into the #Mamasapano massacre uncovered the biggest threat to our democracy: hundreds of morons masquerading as legislators!”
 
Juice colored!
 

PLACE ADVERTISEMENTS HERE

SOURCE: interaksyon.com

 
MANILA, Philippines — The House of Representatives’ inquiry into the deadly January 25 Mamasapano incident got off to a chaotic start Wednesday morning with resource persons from the security establishments delivering lengthy reruns of statements they previously gave in two earlier hearings at the Senate.
 
At the start of the hearing, members of the House committees on public order and safety, and on peace, unity and reconciliation, debated the ground rules, including whether to hold succeeding hearings.
 
More than 20 lawmakers were on the list of those who signed up to question the guests.
 
After the opening statements of relieved Special Action Force commander Getulio Napenas, Muntinlupa Representative Rodolfo Biazon, a former Armed Forces chief of staff, said he is filing a resolution to hold a joint hearing with the Senate as he voiced concerns over the nation’s security with so many of the police and military top brass tied up in the proceedings.
 
“The commander of the West Mindanao Command is here. What if something happens there today while he is here? Are we not taking away the presence of these officials from their primary functions that they have to perform in this country?” Biazon pointed out.
 
He also called out Iloilo Representative Niel Tupas Jr. for talking to a colleague while he was raising his resolution.
 
A House member, who refused to be identified, remarked amid the chaos: “Tanggalin niyo ang media coverage, konti lang ang magsasalita dyan.”
 
The committees set their next hearing for February 17 and 18.

Facebook Comments
PLACE ADVERTISEMENTS HERE

loading...